Our client, a well established company headquartered in Raleigh with operations in the Southeastern US is in search of a Software Development Manager to lead their existing team due to a promotion internally. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow your hands on technical skills primarily in the .NET stack of technologies, but also help lead efforts to migrate applications to the Cloud- Azure.
Location: 100% onsite at their office in Raleigh, NC
Duration: Full time permanent
Key Areas of interest: ASP.NET, C#, SQL, Webforms, Debugging, Front End UI, Code Reviews, Database Objects
The Software Development Manager will lead our clients' Application Development department to meet the company’s business objectives and business milestones by providing IT support for all their applications and building a technical environment that supports and enhances business operations and accommodates continued growth.
- Develop the Application Development department into a highly professional organization that is properly staffed to support our clients’ business, growth, and ongoing application deployment
- Hire, mentor and manage staff
- Responsible for delegating and managing the resources of the team to ensure that critical path projects are accomplished on time and on budget. Work closely with the Senor Director of Enterprise Systems on resource allocation for all projects.
- Work with the Senior Director of Enterprise Systems to evaluate new applications to meet our clients corporate objectives and find innovative ways to expand business capacities
- In partnership with Senior Director Enterprise Systems, create and maintain a Service Level Agreement between the Applications Development Department and all client coworkers to create an environment where expectations are set and can be routinely upheld
- Provide hands-on assistance to staff working to support applications, infrastructure and systems
- Contribute to the annual Information Technology strategy definition and budgeting process. Manage the capital and expense budgets
- Working with the Senior Director of Enterprise Systems, oversee the evaluation and selection of third-party software products
- Develop and maintain cross-departmental communication with fellow management in the Operations Department to ensure that the IT goals and application development are consistent with business needs
- Adhere to the Policies and Procedures manual for the operations of the Applications Development Department
- Serve as a technical resource for all applications implemented by the Enterprise
Strong management, interpersonal, technical leadership, coaching and mentoring skills. Should be results-oriented, hands-on, with a pragmatic approach to conflict resolution, problem solving and group decision-making. Project Management skills are essential. Must have an excellent understanding of how to analyze unmet business needs and implement innovative technology solutions to meet those needs. In depth understanding of industry trends with office automation tools and process automation tools. Strong technical understanding of application development using Microsoft tools, as well as overall application solution delivery. Strong technical understanding of database systems, and the ability to analyze data. Ability to lead staff across diverse functions such as application development, database development, business analysis and production system support.
Ability to lead and participate in full-lifecycle application and solution delivery. Provide hands-on technical application support and development in a diverse environment. Deliver solutions with both custom applications and 3rd party provided applications. Experience with development, configuration, and deployment of applications in the cloud. Experience defining and managing a broad application environment while providing management to 4-6 employees. Lead quality assurance and testing practices.
Minimum 10 years’ experience in the industry with at least 5 years applications development department management experience. A history of on-going professional training is desired in topics such as leadership development, management of IT employees, process reengineering and project management. B.A. or B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science. MBA is a plus.