Location: Atlanta, GA 30303
Term: 5 months
- Develops standards, specifications and methodologies for systems operation.
- Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with completion timeline.
- Directs and coordinates the analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, operation and support of information systems.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans.
- Directs and develops, communicates and monitors project work plans and schedules for the development and support of information systems.
- Establishes IT policy and participates in the coordination of systems administration and network administration.
- Evaluates and assesses new technology for possible application.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures.
- Install hardware and peripheral components.
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems.
- Administer email and anti-virus systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to all corporate software in a timely manner.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of IT projects and initiatives.
- Produce detailed timelines and implement effective project control for each software release.
- Oversees the evaluation of the unit’s internal processes, procedures and technologies to improve efficiency and ensure quality.
- Work closely with the Agency's Emergency Preparedness Department to plan and coordinate IT functions in the event of an Emergent Event.
- Work as a Critical Staff Member in accordance with the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan of the Agency. Will be expected to evacuate with the Agency in the event of an Emergent Event.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Identify and fill service gaps within the department and/or agency.
- Support coworkers and other departments when necessary.
- Direct research in emerging technology by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Provides leadership to subordinate managers and staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor of Arts in business administration, information technology, public administration, management information systems or a 4 years related field.
Even better if you have:
- 10 years’ of experience in executive level IT experience, 5 years of which include management or supervisory experience.
- 10 years’ of experience in Public Health and IT with desktop and network.
- 5 years’ of experience with Cisco Unified Communications, Physical Access and Video Surveillance Manager, MCSE or CCNE.
- 5 years’ of experience managing or supervising a staff of 3 or more IT technicians.
- 3 years’ of experience in a health care setting working with Electronic Health Records (EHR), HIPAA Compliant Networks and Systems.
- 3 years’ of experience with Meraki switches, VPN Connections, Off-site Hosting environments, Active Directory Administration, Vendor Management.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!