Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Digital Applications Developer to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Digital Applications Developer
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Term: 6 months, contract to hire
- Serve as main technical point of contact, while collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, code, and maintain high quality user-centric desktop web and/or mobile applications that meet business objectives as well as usability and corporate standards.
- Analyze, design, code, test, and implement new and/or modified content and functionality for corporate web applications, websites or mobile applications.
- Determine and utilize best practices in web design, coding, testing, and maintenance to achieve high quality user-centric interface that is in compliance with legal, brand guidelines, NCDOI, and CMS and appropriate W3C and Section 508 guidelines.
- Participate in regular content and functionality pushes to the web application, including testing and validation, troubleshooting any issues, and following the change management and release processes.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced staff members as needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience as a developer, designing and coding enterprise web applications
- If no degree, must have 7 years of experience as stated above.
- Must have knowledge in the following areas: Web Analytics design and implementation; Responsive Design and Optimized web development and Web Content Management Systems / Platforms
- Experience working with one or both of Node.js and GraphQL
- SQL and NoSQL database access experience. Particularly PostgreSQL. AWS Aurora PostgreSQL experience is ideal.
- Experience working in self-managed Agile teams and tools such as Jira
- Java experience. Particularly REST and micro service development.
- AWS experience with containerized and function based serverless is helpful. Should be willing to learn and dig into Natural Language search, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, App Mesh, and the 200+ other managed services offered by the AWS public cloud platform to expand our business capabilities.
- Redis caching experience is a plus particularly ElastiCache Redis
- Experience with CI/CD build and deploy pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, CDK, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy or Proton