Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Digital Applications Developer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Digital Applications Developer
Location: This position is remote** (see below)
Term: 6 Months
Responsible for leading, designing and developing full stack AWS based containerized applications using modern technologies in an Agile growing environment.
- Participate in the day to day work of building and improving our applications offering.
- Coordinate work of external teams to design, code, and maintain high quality and more complex user-centric applications that meet business objectives as well as usability and corporate standards.
- Participate in software releases and continuous maintenance.
- Research technology trends and help set strategic direction for the team, inspiring for continuous learning and realizing possible applications of new technologies.
- Help with shaping the team's culture.
- Promote and improve development practices.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):Hiring Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience as a developer, designing and coding enterprise web and cloud based applications
- If no degree, must have 10 years of experience as stated above.
- Must have technical expertise in the following areas: Application design and implementation; Responsive Design and Optimized web development.
- Deep experience with Web and Cross Platform technologies particularly Node.js, GraphQL, Vue.js/React/Angular.
- Experience in AWS or other public cloud platforms, Docker containers, CI/CD build and deploy is helpful
- Demonstrable experience working in self-managed Agile Teams.
- Degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Communications
- Experience with Java
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills.
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
** Due to COVID-19, this position is work from home through September. Once the Durham, NC campus restrictions begin easing in October, the client will continue to encourage contractors to take a virtual-first approach to their work when possible. As long as job responsibilities are not impacted, being in the office full-time will not be necessary or expected. During the interview process, our client will walk through our virtual-first approach and will answer questions you may have.
If you live out of the state of NC, only candidates from the following states are eligible to convert to FTE: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and South Carolina.
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check. This client requires all employees, temporary labor, consultants, and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 12/08/21, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions.