Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Digital Applications Developer to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Digital Applications Developer
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of June 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; you may work remotely.
Term: 6 Months
- Participate in the day to day work of building and improving our applications offering.
- Coordinate work of external teams to design, code, and maintain high quality and more complex user-centric applications that meet business objectives as well as usability and corporate standards.
- Participate in software releases and continuous maintenance.
- Research technology trends and help set strategic direction for the team, inspiring for continuous learning and realizing possible applications of new technologies.
- Help with shaping the team's culture.
- Promote and improve development practices.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience as a developer, designing and coding enterprise web and cloud based applications
- If no degree, must have 10 years of experience as stated above.
- Must have technical expertise in the following areas: Application design and implementation; Responsive Design and Optimized web development.
- Deep experience with Web and Cross Platform technologies particularly Node.js, GraphQL, Vue.js/React/Angular, Java.
- Experience in AWS or other public cloud platforms, Docker containers, CI/CD build and deploy is helpful
- Demonstrable experience working in self-managed Agile Teams.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and investigates and suggests new technology to meet business needs
- Excellent relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.