Effectively facilitate, coach, mentor, and teach in a DevSecOps context. Self-aware and able to navigate complex situations and serve as a role model of agile values and principles. Facilitate communication, integration, automation, and close cooperation among all the people needed to plan, develop, test, deploy, release, and maintain a secure, high quality solution.
- Curate and document a set of software development resources to enable engineering teams to become high-performing, cross-functional teams.
- Coach teams in Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and software development best practices.
- Collaborate with the engineering leaders in architecting CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions and Azure.
- Coach organization on DevOps and SecOps best practices including IaC, Secure by Design, Test Automation, Well Architected Framework, observability, continuous monitoring, self-healing, and more.
- Explore and experiment with new processes and technologies that further evolve WESCO’s delivery of products
- Facilitate Communities of Practice (technical focus areas), educate the broader organization on DevOps & SecOps through presentations, and frequently collaborate with senior leadership on strategy and maturity updates
- 5+ years of prior experience as a Senior Software Developer, DevSecOps Engineer, or DevSecOps Coach, or equivalent technical experience3+ years of prior experience as a DevSecOps or DevOps Engineer or Coach
- Experience implementing DevSecOps in different cultures and environments
- Experience coaching, mentoring, or leading a team in DevSecOps practices
- Demonstrated success with configuring and maintaining a CICD pipeline, experience with GitHub preferred
- Desire to learn and grow with the organization as new technologies are introduced
- Strong communication, interpersonal, coaching, teaching and mentoring skills
- A software engineering background with experience in:
o Modern software development best practices (e.g. CI/CD, BDD, TDD)
o At least one of the following automation build tools: GitHub Actions (preferred), CircleCI, Jenkins, GitLab, Bamboo
o At least one of the following Cloud Providers: Azure (preferred), AWS, GCP
o At least one of the following Containerized Technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
o At least one of the following Version Control tools: Git, GitHub (preferred), GitLab, Bitbucket
o At least one of the following infrastructure automation tools: Ansible, Terraform (preferred), Puppet, Chef
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE VERIFICATION
- Build out the platform for self-service deployments, maturity assessment, observability, etc.
- Coach teams on best practices for development, testing, security, and infrastructure as code
- Facilitate communities of practice to share knowledge across the company