Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, 50309
Term: 6 months
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Automate manual processes executed outside of the CORE CICD pipeline (i.e., data deployment steps and post deployment channel specific steps). Extend this capability to PROD, if applicable.
- Automate integration processes that are executed manually in preparation for a PROD release; data model integration, entity model integration, pipeline migration.
- Engineer easy to resolve processes for frequent environment stability related issues and drive for permanent solutions; either via monitoring or automation.
- Participate in the Interoperability (Inner Source) development model to speed up the CORE migration to EPL/P2, while developing features that can be leveraged by all Consumer Lending applications.
- At least 6 - 8 yrs. of experience working in a Software Development with Java, DevOps, and Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience working with CICD tools and scripting
- Experience working with source management tools like GitHub
- Experience working with automation deployment tools like Jenkins
- Experience with automating application code deployment processes using DevOps tools
- Experience working with Cloud platform; Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Micro services architecture
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills