This fast growing industry based in Flower Mound, TX has an immediate 6 month contract-to-hire (or direct hire) opportunity for a DevOps Engineer. Will be responsible for managing environments of development, test and production as well as servers in support of client facing operations. This position requires working onsite on a hybrid schedule and may be open to fully remote.
- Developing/maintaining continuous integration and deployment systems/automation
- Developing/maintaining AWS infrastructure, CloudFormation templates and stacks
- Monitoring and performance tuning of Linux based application systems
- System, data, and network security
- Analyzing and providing input on application system requirements
- Production systems health and support via an on-call rotation
- Light on-call after hours rotation
- B.S. in Computer Science or EE highly preferred
- System configuration software such as ansible, puppet, chef is highly preferred
- Code deployment and build automation, Jenkins experience is a highly preferred
- 3-5 years working in & managing Linux/UNIX environments via command line
- 5-7 years working in AWS with Linux based AMIs
- Deploying microservices & Lambda functions experience preferred
- Familiarity with AWS cli
- Programming experience, bash scripting counts preferred
- Common Linux tools such as ssh, scp, rsync, bash experience required
- Git/Subversion experience required
- AWS tools such as Cloudformation, EC2, S3, Elasticache, RDS required
- Jenkins pipeline creation/scripting experience preferred
- IPSEC VPN administration experience preferred
- Installation and configuration of web server software (nginx, apache)
- MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.