Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Term: 6 Months
- Meaningfully individually contribute to the efforts of the team
- Work on the support tickets.
- Scope, design, and implement solutions to complex ambiguous problems, spanning technology and process
- 5+ years of experience of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of building and administering distributed applications using a cloud platform Work experience at the intersection of one or more cloud platforms and feature delivery of complex systems
- Curiosity and intellectual honesty
- Patience with how an environment is currently, with an eye towards refactoring the environment into what it should be
- Detail orientation and craftmanship
- A desire to solve real business problems
- Determination and fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Bias towards action and an ability to work autonomously while navigating uncertainty
- Empathy for our clients and stakeholders in both technology and business roles
- Willingness to drive cultural change
- Knowledge of operating production systems is important (i.e. networking, high-availability, scaling, disaster recovery, monitoring, alerting, etc).
- Pivotal to this role is building the relationships and partnerships across teams to gain trust, and working through influence, to ensure that problems get solved even when they’re not directly under our control.
- Tools to know: Kubernetes: OpenShift (RedHat’s Kubernetes distribution), Docker, Helm and other container tools CI/CD tools: Artifactory, Jenkins, HashiCorp Vault, Spinnaker, etc. Cloud: AWS, Terraform, Ansible Operational: NewRelic, Splunk, AquaSec, SonarQube, Codacy, etc.
- Operating Systems: Our deployment target is mostly Linux, but we support developers using Windows, Mac, and Linux Supported platforms: js, SpringBoot, .NET Core, Python/Flask, front-end frameworks (Angular, Vue, React, etc). Really anything that can run in a container.
About our client
Founded in 1985, our client and its subsidiaries offer private banking, private business banking and private wealth management, including investment, trust and brokerage services. Join a team that continues to make significant investments in its digital solutions, including upgrading our consumer-facing technology.