DevOps Engineer – 100% Remote
Job Category: Engineer III
Target Location(s): Mountain View, CA, Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township), PA
Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Our client is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust our client to provide continuous innovation.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients—one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You’ll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment.
- Implement tools and processes necessary to achieve required SLOs for Platform.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-a-code. Build self-service playbooks for platform, which can be consumed across globally distributed teams.
- Support incident response management processes
- Fix support and escalation issues.
- Conduct post-incident reviews.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure high-quality product is developed and deployed in production. Work diligently with other engineering teams to ratify release processes necessary to meet business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement process.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of one of the major public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience supporting CI/CD for cloud native applications.
- Hands-on programming experience in Python or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, etc
- Experience implementing IaC concepts using Terraform, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience administering Databases
- Extensive knowledge in Linux administration.
- Strong knowledge of Docker, Helm.
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with deploying applications that utilize Service Mesh
- Experience working with incident response management processes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of GitOps principals.
- Experience implementing secure and compliant Kubernetes platforms.
- Experience deploying and managing stateful distributed service in Kubernetes.
- Experience with security scanning tools.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Working knowledge of Databricks, Team Foundation Server, TeamCity, Octopus deploys and DataDog