Terrific 12+ month contract opportunity in Irving, TX for a DevOps Chef Developer. Looking for someone with good development experience and good systems engineering knowledge who can, not only build excellent automatons but also if needed go really deep and understand and troubleshoot application issues in production.
- Ensure development excellence in the way we solution, provision, instrument, manage and continuously improve the IT development and operations of the company's Technology Infrastructure services.
- Provide technical leadership around building a Chef based automation framework that facilitates efficiencies around infrastructure operations.
- Help build standards around CI/CD and DevOps processes and use them actively to deliver business relevant solutions and automations.
- Have in depth understanding of Architecture and Design principles around Docker, containers, Object oriented programming and Agile Development and use the same to build frameworks with standards and guidelines.
- Accountable for vetting the correctness of the build architecture solution of new projects.
- mentor technical resources for them to be able to adopt Chef based automation in their respective teams.
- Drive continuous improvement and facilitate adoption of relevant infrastructure tools as per currently established standards.
- understand the current environment and processes being followed in Operations Team.
Help identify automation and improvement opportunities and quickly implement them with quality.
- Understand and promote adoption of standards to ensure consistency and efficiency across the organization.
- Identify processes/procedures that are not congruent with organization/industry standards & suggest improvements.
- Identify and carry out any ad hoc office/operations tasks with the goal of improving IT development and operations.
- 2+ years’ hand on experience and expert level understanding of Chef across Unix and Wintel platforms.
- 2+ years’ hand on experience and expert level understanding of Ansible across Unix and Wintel platforms
- 3+ years as expert software design and application development knowledge in Python, Ruby or any object-oriented language.
- 3+ years practical experience of Agile and in depth understanding of its principles, KANBAN.
- Platform automation hands on experience.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or other equivalent.
- 1+ years’ experience with CI/CD based development.
- 1+ years’ experience of Design, System Tuning & Performance Improvements on distributed systems.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting/developing on Red Hat LINUX
- Must be able to structure, plan and execute strategic initiatives with the right project discipline.
- Ability to work effectively with virtual and remote teams.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem management skills in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills.
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
- Focus on delivery and execution; able to focus on details while seeing big picture.
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management and technical support teams.
- Ability to organize and manage many varying priorities.