Are you a DevOps Application Developer? Do eat, sleep, and breathe DevOps and enjoy writing and managing Terraform all within a very collaborative environment? Are you looking for your next career opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
- Developing systems and applications to client coding and quality standards
- Collaborate with business and project teams to gather requirements and business needs.
- Collaborate with developers and architects (when appropriate) to determine optimal solution architecture, efficiency, maintainability and scalability
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management
- Develop high-level system narratives, storyboards, designs and user interface prototypes
- Develop system test plans, ensuring achievement of software quality assurance (SQA) standards, and that validate achievement of business goals
- Report project/task status to the appropriate Manager, DevOps Engineering on a weekly basis
- Identify issues that require more attention, and work to resolve issues based on an understanding of the business problem being solved.
- Draw appropriate resources together in order to address technical issues.
- Direct and focus the efforts of the technical project team.
- Monitor progress of project teams.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT knowledge/experience.
- 4 years application development experience
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and maintain productive working relationships cross-departmentally and cross-functionally.
- Advanced knowledge of product lifecycle and understanding of the role of methodology/frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of Chef (strongly preferred) or other Infrastructure as Code platforms such as Puppet
- Experience with source control systems such as Azure DevOps Server/Cloud (strongly preferred) and Git
- Experience configuring builds using tools such as Microsoft VSO / VSTS builds and MSBuild
- Experience with deploying code, continuous integration, continuous delivery across multiple non-production and production environments
- Experience with implementing and managing software deployment tools (i.e. Digital.ai (XebiaLabs), Octopus, AZDO Pipelines, Jenkins)
- Experience with general network concepts such as DNS, firewalls, load balancing (F5), switching, routing, etc.
- Experience acting as a liaison between application development, infrastructure, change management, and build engineering teams
- Experience in using cloud APIs to automate provisioning, deployment, improving system performance and stability a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong preference for candidates who have worked on large-scale enterprise applications (thousands of users, millions of lines of code)
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols including HTTP, SSL, TCP, IP is a plus
- Familiarity with AzureDevOps source control best practices a plus
- Familiarity with Nuget package distribution a plus
- Familiarity with build engineering concepts a plus
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools (such as FxCop) a plus
- Familiarity with Splunk, Dynatrace, Icinga, and Redis a plus