Be part of an awesome team environment and make good $$$ while doing it!
MATRIX seeks a Device Certification Engineer to join our client's team. This is a 100% Remote, Contract-to-Perm position.
Our client, an established leader in the Digital Cloud industry, is using significant funding to expand their business, and they need your experience to help in their growth!
In this role you will be primarily responsible for the overall lifecycle of customer edge/premise devices, including initial evaluation, testing, configuration, deployments, upgrades, and replacement candidates. You will focus on devices that are deployed as part of a managed unified communications and network services. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with broad experience in requirements gathering, test plan, and process development.
- Develop, document, and revise test plans, procedures, and quality standards for software and hardware, focused on networking and voice services.
- Participate in the evaluation and determine firmware standards and configuration templates.
- Submit user stories for the integration of certified devices into OSS systems for configuration and deployment automation.
- Continually review, test, debug, and enhance existing/new capabilities and features across all products, including detailed technical documents and maintaining progress/status reports.
- Maintain relationships with vendors for ongoing review of roadmaps, firmware releases/testing, bug reporting, enhancements, etc.
- Collaborate with cross-organizational teams to promote efficient business processes.
- Automate test plans/test cases as appropriate to increase the certification process efficiency.
- Monitor customer-reported issues, perform root cause analysis, and develop test methods to improve overall customer satisfaction.
- Position occasionally requires providing engineering-level support for Operations, including maintenance windows/off-hour support.
- Provide proactive reporting on status of certifications/projects including presentations to internal organizations.
- Training of internal organizations may be necessary for knowledge transfer.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of IP protocols/service/functionality (DNS, DHCP, NFS, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, VPN/Tunnels, VLANs, NAT, Firewalls, Server Load Balancers)
- Knowledge of Layer-2 network technologies including Ethernet WAN, MEF services (ELINE, ELAN, EVPN), and all common applications
- Knowledge of IP related protocols such as OSPF, BGP-4, and MPLS (MP-BGP/RSVP/LDP).
- Experience with Microsoft Teams and Cisco Webex, with integration with VoIP CPE’s.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot/debug issues, determine causes, and drive resolution.
- Working knowledge of the SIP protocol and applications (hosted PBX, SIP trunking, etc.) desired.
- Ability to develop and document detailed lab test plans and reports.
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance, hardware/software certification testing, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in developing testing automation.
- Experience testing wired/wireless network devices (routers, switches, access points) and next-generation firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto, SonicWall, Meraki etc.)
- Experience testing unified communications and voice/fax devices (desktop/conference/DECT phones, ATAs, softphone/collaboration clients, etc.)
- Virtualization infrastructure experience; VMware preferred
- Industry certifications for Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE4, NSE5, etc.) preferred.
- Industry certifications for Cisco (CCNA, CCNP, etc.) preferred.