Location: 100% Remote, Eastern Time zone work hours
FULLY REMOTE POSITION: Position can be fully remote for the life of the contract, however, the person selected for this role must be willing to work on the Eastern Time Zone schedule, and must be willing and able to participate in video/web meetings with team members whenever necessary.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
• Coordinate resources and work to deliver solutions on time and within budget.
• Oversee and contribute to completion of all work assigned to the development team adhering to the current SDLC process. Activities shall include analysis, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and documentation.
• Review and improve the existing coding process and provide mentoring to the in house developers.
• Design and review detailed functional specifications, system specifications, and program specific actions to be taken by the software to meet requirements and business needs.
• Maintain an understanding of the scope of the work and ask clarifications and escalate to leadership in case of issues, delays or risks.
• Prepares estimates for maintenance and enhancement of existing applications and development of new applications.
• Communicates accurate and useful status to Leadership and other management on a timely basis.
• Coordinates work with other Teams as appropriate. Interfaces with vendors and system partners of Public Health.
• Monitors stability of production applications and oversees the resolution of high severity production problems.
• Direct multi-disciplinary teams across departments during the planning, scoping, analysis, design, and implementation phases of information systems projects.
- Government experience working in Public Health
- 5 years Experience as a Development Team Lead overseeing all work assigned to Dev Team adhering to SDLC lifecycle through to completion
- 5 years Experience designing & reviewing detailed functional specs, system specs, and program-specific actions by the software to meet requirements & business needs
- 5 years Experience directing cross-functional teams across departments during planning, scoping, analysis, design, & implementation phases of IT Projects
- 4 years Experience with Java
- 4 years Experience with Batch/PowerShell
- 4 years experience with SQL Databases (Programming/Queries/Administration) in relation to application development
- 5 years General familiarity with Networking and infrastructure concepts (Ports, Firewalls, IPs, Subnets, VLANs, etc)
- Very strong communication and organizational skills
- Intermediate technical ability with MS Access
- Experience with HL7
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with VBA Macro coding (Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2012+)
- Familiarity with SSRS/Crystal Reports