Section I. Overview/Summary:
The Developer – API Services plays a key development role on critical software projects, primarily in designing and developing API & web services running on PaaS container platform such as OpenShift and on integration platform such as Fuse. The Developer – API Services provides important input into the design of customer-focused solutions and translates such design into software developed to the following key technical requirements: stability; maintainability; high quality; high performance.
Section II. Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Design and develop API & services solutions including SOAP and RESTful based web services using Microservices & Miniservices architecture, OpenShift, Fuse, ESB, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, Java, Git, GitHub, MongoDB, Oracle database and other key technologies.
- Collaborate with project team members on development of requirements and design of applications.
- Collaborate with Principal and Senior Developers within the team to ensure that the software developed aligns with the team’s standards and best practices.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, assisting in the evaluation and implementation of new ideas or tools.
- Identify and communicate potential risks, issues and roadblocks to Principal and/or Senior Developer(s) in a timely manner.
- Perform and participate in peer design and code reviews and verify traceability back to the technical requirements.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, current issues, trends and tools affecting application development within the web services space.
Section III. experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related degree is required or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of development experience, working in a Unix environment, developing software using web services technologies (including Microservices & Miniservices architecture, OpenShift, Fuse, ESB, Docker, Kubernetes, XML, SOAP, REST, SQL, Spring Boot, Java, Git, GitHub, MongoDB) and the Oracle database.
- 1+ years of experience working within an SDLC, designing, developing & testing various software applications.
- Experience with Microservices design patterns and development
- Experience with domain driven design and behavior driven development
- Experience with JIRA and Agile development practices
- Experience with API Gateway and Management platform such as 3scale is plus
- Experience partnering with Development, QA, and other internal teams to review, inspect, document, and ensure the quality of software products being tested and eventually implemented.
- Experience in developing and testing software, including supporting the QA team and helping to troubleshoot defects in order to arrive at the root cause (Root Cause Analysis). Experience using tools supporting these efforts, including SQL, SoapUI, and HP Quality Center.
- Good knowledge of standard web technologies, including app servers, web servers, databases, browsers, etc.
- Knowledge of Microservices, Miniservices, OpenShift, Fuse, ESB, Docker, Kubernetes, XML, SOAP, REST, SQL, Spring Boot, Java, Git, GitHub, MongoDB, Oracle database, web services, and web applications.
- Good organizational skills including good time management, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines. Must effectively prioritize own work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and with a strong desire to learn and share information with others.
- Effective at building good working relationships with team members and project team members in a matrix organization.
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is preferred.