Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Developer to join their team for a contract to hire position!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Python Developer
Location: North Carolina or Remote from one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or South Carolina
Term: 6 months contract to hire
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and support of our on premise and cloud based software, system and/or information solutions. Support the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied IT solutions
- Collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand business problems and opportunities and execute all assignments with limited supervision.
- Provide input into solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Effectively communicate development and production issues to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field OR
- 3 years development experience.
- With no degree, 5 years of experience required.
- Must have Python Development experience.
- Big Data
- Experience with GitHub, Jira, MDM,
- Knowledge of Teradata, NoSQL/Cassandra
- Experience with RESTful services and JSON preferred.
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Open Source, Eclipse, Mulesoft Anypoint Studio, JBOSS DevStudio).
- Experience with Linux operating system is a plus. RHEL preferred.
- Knowledge of messaging engines is helpful.
- Cloud experience preferred.
- Solid relationship management and collaboration skills to facilitate effective working relationships with varied stakeholders and team members, including vendors.
- Ability to participate in projects and ensure work is completed on time with high quality Solid problem solving skills, with a focus on understanding overall business issues and determining innovative solutions
- Must be self-directed, highly organized and adaptable with the ability to effectively multi-task as needed
- Familiar with current and emerging technologies with a willingness to learn.