Our client is seeking a Desktop Technician for a 4-month opportunity at LAX!
The role of the Desktop/Field Services Technician is to assist employees regarding all facets of end-user computing which includes software/hardware installs, upgrades and overall maintenance of PC desktop/laptop systems and peripherals. All candidates must have firsthand experience supporting desktop computers in a Windows/TCPIP environment.
Configures, installs, monitors and maintains IT users' desktop software and hardware; supports mobile workforce. Provides consultation to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop-based LAN systems software. Technical owner responsible for end-to-end problem ownership, resolution and communication with employees. May provide on-site training to users.
• Resolve and close tickets/work orders supporting end-user desktops and peripherals
• Respond to customer support issues escalated from the Helpdesk
• Contribute to desktop projects (global installs/upgrades) as a project team member
• Remotely diagnose and resolve requests utilizing remote tools
• Troubleshoot and collaborate with other departments to assist with infrastructure related issues
• Document customer interactions in incident management system including asset management
• Recover data from hard disk drives and/or perform data migration
• Support remote access for virtual private network connectivity as well as wireless/broadband connectivity for laptops
• Install and configure local and network based printers
• Perform preventative maintenance
• Work various shifts, holidays, on-call and travel as required
• Follow management guidance, adhering to IT policy and procedure
• Associates / Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrable ‘hands-on’ IT work experience supporting and resolving diverse PC desktop software and hardware issues
• Overall knowledge of all Windows based operating systems including Windows 7
• Familiarity with workflow and with ticketing systems
• Knowledge of VPN connectivity and ability to troubleshoot issues
• Excellent customer service skills with ability to interface at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and perform in a collaborative, team based environment
• A+ certification preferred
• MCSE/MCP is a plus
• Previous IT infrastructure experience in Airline/Airport environment is a plus
• Must possess the ability to lift at least 30lbs.
• Travel as required