This nationwide industry leader has an immediate 4-6+ month contract opportunity (with strong chance for extension) in Irving, TX for a Desktop Support Specialist. This position requires working onsite Monday-Friday. Will be responsible for the day-to-day technical support for end user hardware and software needs, with a focus on Apple devices. The position requires the individual to act independently using these skills, experiences, and training to resolve client issues. Duties include hardware and software installation and deployment of PCs and peripherals, with a focus on Apple devices, OS and applications.
- Setup, configure and provide maintenance to corporate devices, including Windows and Mac desktop/laptops, iPhones/Android/iPad devices and related hardware/software.
- Process software installation requests, both through manual installation and utilizing automation tools such as SCCM and JAMF.
- Maintain all necessary hardware and software inventories for all corporate devices.
- Configures iTunes for successful profile and library synchronization, including playlists and content.
- Processes software installation requests.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Reviews and evaluates information technology systems operations.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades and replaces hardware and software systems for desktop and peripheral equipment.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals, including mobile devices.
- As needed, during peak support hours, answer helpdesk phone calls to assist clients.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related course of study or equivalent, relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with Apple hardware and software in an IT Technical support role.
- ACMT and/or ACiT Certifications, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Windows OS and hardware knowledge.
- JAMF administration and use for centralized management of Macs.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Proven ability to support virtual desktops and applications is a plus (Citrix).
- A basic understanding of Windows TCP/IP networking.
- Active Directory User/Computer Account Administration.
- Mobile Device support knowledge (Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.