Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Phoenix, AZ - 1 day remote - Arizona time zone
Type: 6-month contract to hire
The Desktop Support Specialist II is responsible for escalations on support requests and sometimes first contact with users needing technical support, providing customer service, creating support requests, resolving problems through research, and desk-side support. Performs training services as needed.
- Must be self-directed and competent to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Provide technical support to end users remotely and at desk-side
- Enter requests, updates, and resolutions into the ticketing system accurately and according to established processes
- Support OS, Application and Hardware issues
- Enter updates and resolutions into the ticketing system using clear and appropriate language
- Act as an escalation point for support requests
- Perform necessary account updates and other administrative functions as assigned
- Help to maintain IT inventory
- Ensure that tickets are created, maintained, and resolved according to established standards and expectations using ITIL methodology
- Create end-user documentation
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with company policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Complies with company Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of company.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred
- 3-5 years related IT experience, including experience in the support of desktop hardware, software and Microsoft Windows operating systems required
- Certifications such as ITIL, A+, MCSA, CCNA, Network+, etc. are a strong plus
- Experience using a ticket management system to document, and track work required (i.e. RemedyForce, ServiceNow, etc.)
- General proficiency in MS Office suite of products is required
- Strong understanding of PC laptop and hardware
- Experience managing working workload based on metrics
- General understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Experience supporting remote access such as VPN