Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Fredericksburg, VA 22401
Term: 5 months
- Configures personal computers to access the university wired and wireless networks.
- Provides in-person, phone-based, or remote support to users following established university and departmental procedures.
- Performs duties located on any campus or affiliated entity. Will be responsible for configuring and installing all organization-owned systems following all established policies and procedures.
- Install software on organization-owned equipment, adhering to licensing restrictions and institution policy.
- Will be required to work independently with limited supervision to complete all tasks.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 4+ years of experience supporting user tech issues w/various computing HW, SW and peripherals including troubleshooting, repairing, installing, upgrading, & networking.
- 4+ years of experience connecting devices to wired and wireless networks, w/in Microsoft AD environments.
- 4+ years of experience with Windows and/or Mac operating systems.
Even better if you have:
- A+, Network+, Dell, Apple, Crestron or other technical certification(s).
- Ability to positively interact with a diverse population including faculty, staff, students, and peers in a higher-education environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!