Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas, 77002
Term: 12 months
- Provides desktop and related project support.
- Identifies/uses or may develop methods, techniques, diagnostic tools or criteria to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve moderately complex PC/LAN related hardware, software, operating systems and network problems.
- Analyzes client needs and reviews technical alternatives to determine their impact on the client and systems environment.
- Participates in the planning, installation and implementation of new or modified PC/LAN related hardware, software, applications or operating systems to meet clients requirements and updates/writes documentation
- Understands BCP, quality, security and compliance requirements for supported area and analyzes additions and changes for risk to the environment.
- Responsible for providing dedicated support to Commodities Traders.
- This requires attention to detail in a high touch, high availability setting.
- Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, financial application support and network.
- Reviews and approves release change documents (ITSMs).
- Fixes application and data issues as they arise.
- Execute and oversee Production deployments, including but not limited stop and start job, updating processing tables, and write script.
- Plans, designs, documents and enforces escalation policies and procedures
- . Provides activity, progress and status reports to management and keeps management posted of any critical issues.
- Provides accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
- Troubleshoots/triages job failures and work closely with AD/Prod support/vendors to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on research issues escalated from Operations internal alerts, Help Desks, Support Groups and other departments.
- Improves deployment processes and tools; architecture, design and day-to-day technical support and scheduling/governance models.
- Identify & suggest Business improvement opportunities.
- Directs the daily Risk and Control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures, and work standards to ensure success; re-engineering and driving continual service improvement.
- Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3+ years PC/LAN analysis experience.
- Intermediate troubleshooting and problem solving skills with Windows 10
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supporting Citrix infrastructure and hosted applications
- Minimum 5 years of desktop support at an enterprise level
- Expert in supporting Windows operating systems (5 years)
- Expert in supporting the Microsoft Office suite 2016 and M365 (5+ years with office)
- Experience supporting Mobile devices and messaging software
- Experience with software troubleshooting
- Versed in various remote access technologies
- Experience supporting an Active Directory integrated environment
- Understanding of Windows command line
- Exposure to a Trading Floor environment
- Experience supporting Market Data applications ( Bloomberg, Trading Technologies TT, The ICE)
- 5+ years of experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of experience in production supporting, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer/vendor relations, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- 5+ years of experience using ticket tracking tools for change management, problem and incident management, and availability management, demonstrated through work, military, or education
- IT Infrastructure Library Certification (ITIL)
- Strong knowledge of Agile methodology
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of diagnostic and support tools used in a support environment
- Experience with Help Desk or Production Support in a financial services company