Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Specialty Software Engineer
Location: NEW YORK, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- Help enhance, build and deliver core risk functionality.
- Construction of risk scenarios
- Visualization/Manipulation of results
- Querying of fundamental data (e.g. parameters, trades)
- Design of interfaces with services performing the compute.
- All aspects of the SDLC including testing, reviews etc.
- Lead complex initiatives on selected domains. Ensure systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Define opportunities to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Lead, design, develop, test and implement applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Lead team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and work with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentor less experienced software engineers.
- Collaborate and influence all levels of professionals including managers.
- Lead team to achieve objectives. Partner with production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- 5+ years of Specialty Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- 5 years+ in C#/GUI Development
- 2 yrs Experience with equity derivatives system, esp. Risk Management, Parameters.
- Work in an IB/Securities/Risk environment would be a plus but is not essential