Location: 100% remote- Eastern Time Zone work hours
Duration: 6+ months
Key Skills: Ansible, ServiceNOW, Terraform, Marina DB, MySQL, DC Networking, Red Hat 7.0 Linux / UNIX platforms (lamp stacks), VMWare vCenter
The Deployment Engineer will be part of the automation team providing automation development services for client managed services customers. The successful candidate will demonstrate advanced expertise in automation tools and best practices. The candidate will also demonstrate advanced knowledge of Linux operating systems. The position will be 90% development and 10% operational support. The candidate must also have outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to translate complex technical issues into common language. The Deployment Engineer reports to the Director of Business Process and Automation.
- Provides quality internal and external customer service surrounding the Company values.
- Regularly communicates expectations, assignments and progress clearly and professionally.
- Design, develop, simulate and test automation tools in support of client customer implementations.
- Ensure timely resolution of high severity incidents, including communications, reporting, and tracking of follow-ups.
- Create test and technical documentation for automation tools, processes, standards, technical training, and support procedures.
- Develop appropriate knowledge base for execution and implementation of automated tools built and deployed.
- Maintain the highest standard of QA methodology to build, track and reduce defects and improve automation results using client SDLC and PLC.
- Develop automation based on business workflows.
- Collaborate closely with other operations teams and architecture to efficiently ensure development work is aligned with the needs to implementation engineers and customers.
- Desire to improve upon existing systems and automate processes, including writing and maintaining documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer service focused and portrays energy, professionalism and welcoming characteristics.
- Strong ability to work in a highly sensitive and confidential environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle sensitive and pressured situations.
- Ability to identify issues and help develop strategy and tactical plans for various department initiatives.
- Ability to use good judgment, focus on standardization and decision-making skills
- Ability to use a PC, keyboard, and other standard office equipment
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology, engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills (both written and verbal)
- 4 + years’ experience in Automation development
- Advanced WebDev skills in Rails, Ruby, PHP 4.4, REST
- ServiceNOW workflow automation
- Workflow orchestration via various automation engines
- Ability to leverage and interact with CMDBs using Ansible, ServiceNOW, etc
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform or similar as automation engines
- 2 years’ experience with Maria DB (MySql) Administration
- 2 years’ experience DC networking/netdev
- 5 + years’ experience in managing enterprise Linux / UNIX environments
- Applicable experience in administrating Red Hat 7.0 Linux / UNIX platforms (lamp stacks)
- 5 + years’ experience in VMware vCenter
- Experience in complex multi data center environments with 24x7, mission critical operations
- Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work both independently and with others
- Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer applications
- Previous service provider experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with VMware Cloud Director
- Agile certification
- Ideal knowledge with ScienceLogic powerpack development
- Office environment