Position: Database Developer
Location: Atlanta or San Antonio Ideal, Remote Acceptable
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a worldwide leader in mobile communications is seeking a Database Developer who will serve in a multifaceted role which includes blend of database administration, design, development and business analyst. The position will operate as a critical member of a team of resources who are doing complex analytics and reporting for our client. This is a great opportunity for someone with broad SQL database administration, design, and development experience, who thrives in a smaller team environment wearing multiple hats.
- Integrate existing and new database applications with existing and new data sources using a variety of database technologies (e.g., mapping services) on a SQL Server platform.
- Develop solutions to meet business requirements, includes gathering business requirements and seeing project through testing and implementation.
- Troubleshoot and manage SQL code for data integration and changes to data structure or database-driven applications and systems.
- Solve production issues as needed and participate in technical design sessions.
- Work with the team in data modeling, database design, creating efficient SQL code for fast application performance.
- Ensure databases provide required functionality to meet the business needs and maintain data integrity.
- Document business and functional requirements, including data flow, business rules, and stories.
- Assess the impact of changes to SQL code and the database on existing business and technology processes, as well as other interfacing systems.
- 5 plus years of experience with column store indexes, partitioned tables, index builds/performance, query execution plans, troubleshooting query performance, and have a deep knowledge of SQL development
- 5 plus years of experience with SQL development, database administration, query tuning, SSIS/ETL packages, performance monitoring
- 5 plus years of experience planning a solution, documenting the solution, soliciting business requirements, generating functional/technical requirements for changes to data models, ETL processes and database structure
- Advanced database administration experience with SQL Server Version 13 or newer
- Previous experience with Oracle, Teradata or Vertica