Our client seeks a Database Developer to work with their Data Analytics team to provide mission-critical guidance to the overall business organization. This is a Contract-to-Hire role that will be located in Knoxville, TN. Relocation assistance provided!
The Database Developer is a passionate technical contributor who has hands-on experience in all phases of delivering innovative database solutions. As a forward-thinking Database Developer, you will participate in the end-to-end execution of Business Analytics initiatives and contribute directly to existing and emerging business strategies and goals.
The ideal candidate will enhance our database services using a combination of technologies and standard engineering practices. This includes being accountable for the full lifecycle of the Database Management System (DBMS). The candidate will be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. Creativity, attention to detail, and ability to work well in a fast-paced collaborative team environment are essential.
Those who succeed here have a true passion for database development, are strong problem solvers, and results-oriented team players.
- Development of high-quality, low-latency database solutions
- Translate business needs into technical specifications
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures and functions
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Develop procedures and automation scripts for data migration
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Investigate exceptions with regard to data movements
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Provide DBMS support and training to Business Analysts
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Conduct regular performance tuning and testing including analysis of usage patterns
- Perform capacity planning in collaboration with other team members and system administrators
- Provide architectural support by building proof of concepts and prototypes
- Stay current with emerging industry trends, database technologies and techniques
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Analytics, or related discipline
- Experience with relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases: Oracle, MapR-DB, etc.
- Experience with database management and data visualization tools: OEM, SolarWinds, MicroStrategy
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Intermediate proficiency with Oracle Database 12c and 19c, SQL, PL/SQL, Python is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with Linux, CentOS is preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with Git and Subversion
- Oracle Certified Associate certification is a plus
- Python Certified Associate certification is a plus