A banking client is looking to upgrade their BSA/AML platform and is needing a Database Developer to join their team. This is a 100% remote contract opportunity with potential to convert to permanent.
- Design logical and physical data models along with collaring, preparing and presenting statistical information for both internal and external use.
- Ensure database optimization, integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Providing support, guidance and collaborating with Application Developers to implement database design, and review developer’s work to ensure correct implementation.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Develop stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers and views using SQL.
- Assist with schema design, code review and SQL query tuning.
- Participate in SQL code reviews, write and deploy SQL patches, and gain a deeper understanding of mirroring and SQL clustering.
- Continually evaluate software components and tools for software applications, making recommendations for system improvements as required.
- Upgrade and improve data and application schema, preparing design documents and functional specifications.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency
- 7 – 10 years of experience in SQL Server, Oracle, any relational databases
- Strong experience in ETL capabilities
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in with some of the following: Big Data, Hadoop, Spark, Hive or Hue
- 3 - 5+ year of experience with Python
- Experience with some of the following: Docker, containerization, Kubernetes
- Cloudera/R is a Plus
- Programming languages such a C# or Java
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and make room for emergencies, as needed.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy