Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides end-to-end managed services, technology and consulting to enable the digital workplace for small to enterprise businesses. Join their team to be part of delivering individualized experiences to a diverse range of clients in a collaborative and productive workplace environment.
Position: SQL Server DBA
Location: Charlotte North Carolina USA 28202
Hourly Rate: $ 39 /hr.
Term: 6+ months Contract
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and capacity.
- Support code development and code elevation for DEV/QC/Production environments most of which is done off business hours.
- Support database operations 24/7 as part of the team.
- Contribute to improving solution architecture, by participating in meetings within the Client to successfully influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environments. Ensure technical alignment and facilitate successful technical solution delivery.
- Application installation/configuration, backups, patching, upgrades/updates, system performance management, system security and operations support.
- Scripting / programming / SQL
- Support Developers with Unit & peer testing
- Ensure separation of environments e.g. PROD/non-PROD/PCI
- Adhere to change management policies
- Task level system administration
- System monitoring and troubleshooting
- Inter-team and intra-team communication
- Commitment to knowledge sharing
- Management of distinct project segments/tasks
- Establishment of user-perspective and system-critical monitoring
- Approach and execution of required patching and maintenance
- Championing solution flexibility, reuse and legacy-application retirement
- Capacity planning
- Monitoring and analysis of performance and availability data
- Incident analysis, documentation and resolution
- End-user support and communication
- Log file / database analysis
- Audit Developer Code changes weekly and document
- Update/Contribute to internal SharePoint site for DBA's
- Review/Analyze Microsoft notifications
Is this a good ft? (Requirements):
- Experience with MS SQL SERVER Database Administration is required
- Experience of successfully delivering on all aspects of a technology project
- VB Scripting experience is a plus.
- Database Migration to 2019
- Cluster Manager
- PowerShell Scripting
- Performance Monitoring
- Ability to read and modify database triggers, stored procedures, Windows scripting,
- ITIL Framework experience.
- ServiceNow experience is a plus
- Excellent communication/relationship management skills.
- Available 24x7 for on call DBA support as needed.
If this looks like a perfect fit, apply today!