Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: SQL Server Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Summit, NJ; Minneapolis, MN; Dallas, TX
Term: 12 months
- Provides the highest technical expertise for the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class database, engaging with DBA teams, architecture, Scrum Master, QA, BSA, Product and supporting teams to create efficient and consistent solutions.
- Assures successful sprint and release planning following agile development methodology.
- Leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modeling.
- Assists operations team in database installations, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Recommends improvements to web application processing issues and design.
- As the recognized technical expert, consults extensively with multiple client groups to provide strategic solutions, influencing long range internal and enterprise-level data/ database architecture and management strategies.
- Designs and certifies next generation database technologies related to Oracle 18 and 19C, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS RedShift, MongoDB, CouchBase, Vertica etc. Oracle Streams, High Availability systems, Partitioning, Data Guard/Standby Database, Change Data Capture, Data Warehousing.
- Handles multiple/conflicting projects and deadlines.
- Works on call and provides 24/7 production support.
- Communicates with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators on a variety of technical issues.
- Interacts with customers (internal / external) to meet process deliverables.
- Provides technical leadership and recommendations into the future direction of database technology.
- Mentors and trains DBA operations team with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of databases, provide knowledge transfer on a regular basis.
- Develops best practices and enforce these standards across the team.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- MS SQL Server experience
- 7+ years of database (DB) technologies experience
- 3+ years of Logical + Physical Data Modeling experience
- 7+ years of experience in software development
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and tools
- Strong technical and task/timeline-oriented skills
- Experience implementing new technologies
- Experience managing one or more industry-standard development tools or scripting languages
- Experience with large data sets, transactional platforms, or a combination of both