Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Database Administrator
Location: Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Term: 24 months
- Partner with other Database Administrators in support of database services to ensure the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance required by our business systems.
- Support Application Developers in designing, implementing and testing database changes to support our business applications.
- Support Systems Administrators during patching of operating systems.
- Maintain multiple DB2 LUW environments, such as Development, QA and Production.
- Set up new databases and perform database maintenance.
- Partner with other Database Administrators during installation, configuration, software upgrade and updates to maintain client environments.
- Partner with other Database Administrators in development, setting up and managing automated backups.
- Performance tuning and database optimization.
- Set up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, patches, backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
- Perform appropriate Change Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Perform appropriate Incident/Problem Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
- Report progress on a weekly basis of status on all assigned work tasks in a written report.
- Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5 years’ experience as a Database Administrator.
- 5 years’ experience with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- 3 years’ experience as a Database Administrator on DB2 LUW.
- 2 years’ experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- 1 year experience with IBM's QMF or similar tool.
- 1 year experience with Microsoft's Outlook, SharePoint, EXCEL and WORD.
- 1 year experience with Unix shell scripts, such as ksh, csh, bash or sh.
- 1 year experience with scripting languages, such as Perl or Python.
Even better if you have:
- 1 year experience with DB2 LUW version 11.1 or higher.
- 1 year experience with Red Hat's Enterprise Linux version 7 or higher.
- 1 year experience with Quest's Toad for DB2 LUW.
- 1 year experience with DBI Software's Performance Suite for DB2 LUW.
- 1 year experience with Erwin's Data Modeler.
- 1 year experience with programming languages, such as COBOL or Java.
- 1 year experience with file transfer protocols, such as FTP or SFTP.
- 1 year experience with Informatica's Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS).
- 1 year experience with MySQL, SQL Server and/or Teradata.
- 1 year experience with Local, State and/or Federal government.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!