Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Database Administrator
Location: Atlanta, GA 30345
Term: 12 Months
- Manage Oracle databases through multiple product lifecycle environments from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes including monitoring system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Perform backup and recovery using RMAN to meet the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Independently analyze and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end. Determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, and index/query changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Act as a project coordinator for DBA projects by assisting in schedule coordination, issue resolution and tracking timelines.
- Scripting and executing database replication from Production to Non-Production and/or High Availability environments.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years of experience with installation and configuration of Distributed Relational Database Architecture (DRDA).
- 5+ years of experience in Active Directory, Oracle Advanced Security, RAC and/or other software tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- 5+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- 5+ years of experience configuring, troubleshooting, and deploying IBM Sterling Connect:Direct.
- Knowledge of Oracle appliances, such as ODA and Exadata.
- 1+ year of experience Database conversions and migrations from Oracle to SQL server and/or Mainframe to Oracle.
- 5+ years of experience performing backup and recovery using RMAN.
Even better if you have:
- MCDBA certifications.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!