Excellent long-term contract opportunity!
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: 12-month contract
SUMMARY:Under basic supervision, performs Data Base Administrator (DBA) duties for Information Systems Management (ISM) Department applications; monitors database systems, resolves problems, upgrades database and applications, and assures the integrity, security, and effective performance of the ISM database systems. Manages and maintains the operations of ISM database software applications and infrastructure; and assures the integrity, security, and effective performance of database systems and applications; provides DBA production support, establishes procedures, and manages capacity planning. Evaluates and analyzes database issues and recommends and implements solutions; manages and maintains databases; assesses database capacity and utilization trends and recommends hardware improvements.
- Analyzing database issues, evaluating alternatives, and developing solutions based on findings.
- Creates, configures and administers the PeopleSoft server components like Application server, Process Scheduler and Webserver, Weblogic, Tuxedo, Integration Broker, SQRs, Application Engine, PeopleCode etc.
- Researching, analyzing, and evaluating computer database applications, procedures, and techniques, including data attribute management.
- Installing, maintaining, modifying, and upgrading ERP applications i.e. PeopleSoft (Financials, CRM, HR, EPM, etc.); and identifying and resolving computer database security problems in a multiple operating system environment.
- Tuning, database, indexing, and monitoring performance; assisting with capacity planning and disaster recovery.
- Coordinating the implementation of technology projects.
- Analytical Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving Skills
- Principles and practices of database administration, including data communications protocols, security procedures, and system components.
- System access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Troubleshooting techniques for multiple network operating domains, relational databases, and web- and windows-based software applications.
- The design and integration of relational databases, MS Windows and SQL applications, database operating systems, and other technical applications.
- Database performance tuning techniques, and backup and recovery procedures.
- Networked computer system environments and device capabilities.
- Maintenance standards for relational databases, network operating systems, and servers.
- Project planning and management principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field; AND three (3) to five (5) years of database management experience;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.