Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Database Administrator
Location: Raleigh, NC 27601
Term: 8 Months Contract to hire
- Support and maintain various databases that we have in our environment including but not limited to MongoDB, MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, RDS, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Monitor and maintain uptime of mentioned databases.
- Respond and resolve customer requests within Specified SLA related to the data services they need.
- Work in shifts in a 24x7 model.
- Create and present health reports of databases regularly and present to the management.
- Administer security and access related requests coming from business customers..
- Work with Support Vendors like MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL and take actions as per Service Requests.
- Migrate code from lower environments to Stage and Production.
- Adding new and maintaining existing databases in the environment.
- Work along with developers to troubleshoot various issues in the database domain.
- Monitoring replication process in Mongo, MariaDB/MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server & PostgreSQL
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3+ year Experience on more than one listed database here (Microsoft SQL Server, MariaDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RDS, Redshift).
- Experience on maintaining these databases on Linux Environment & Windows.
- Open to learn new technologies quickly with minimum guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Knowledge of data querying languages like Sql, psql, Json etc.
- Knowledge on shell scripting
- Knowledge on replication (Mongo, MariaDB/MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server & PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or a relevant field is a plus.
- Having experience in combination of more than 2 databases listed above and MS Sql Server
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!