Exciting opportunity to be part of the effort to build out a BI solution for a well established manufacturing company! MATRIX partnered with a manufacturing company in northern suburbs more than 8 years ago to help recruit for various IT positions. We are working directly with the CIO and the Director to whom this position reports. The Data Warehouse Manager position will be a combination of hands on design and architecture work with managing a team of 2-3 people, a BI and a report developer(s). Player/coach approach is highly desired.
- Direct, hands-on experience designing and developing business intelligence or analytics solutions in an MS SQL server environment
- BI/Analytics Tool experience – Power BI and Reports Now experience a plus
- ETL development experience
- Strong data warehouse design skills including multiple data warehouse schemas
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with SQL databases and writing SQL queries
- 6+ years’ experience in data warehousing or related area
- 4+ years of relevant management experience demonstrating increasing responsibility over time
- 5+ years’ experience leading data warehouse development teams.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or business
- Intellectual and technical curiosity with the ability to quickly analyze problems and work independently or with a group to identify and recommend resolution to issues
- Business acumen in related field and ability to quickly understand new business terms, data, methodology, philosophy, etc.
- Customer focused with the ability to quickly prioritize actions based on day-to-day activities
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Statistical knowledge.
- Process focused with the ability to organize information, projects, tasks, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.