Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Data Warehouse Architect
Location: Lansing Michigan 48933
Term: 2 months
- Designs, implements and supports data warehousing. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware, or other technologies. Defines user interfaces and functional specifications.
- Responsible for verifying accuracy of data, and the maintenance and support of the data warehouse. Knowledge of data warehouse end-to-end implementation processes, from business requirement logical modeling, physical database design, ETL, end-user tools, database, SQL, performance tuning.
- Responsible for the ongoing architecture and design of the data warehouse, data mart, and reporting environments.
- Develop strategies for flexibility, scalability, and define the future technical architecture direction for the business intelligence reporting physical environment.
- Responsible for proper selection of appropriate hardware, software, tools, and system lifecycle techniques for the different components of the end-to-end data warehouse architecture including ETL, metadata, data profiling software, database platform, performance monitoring, reporting and analytic tools.
- Defining and documenting the technical architecture of the data warehouse, including the physical components and their functionality.
- Setting or enforcing standards and overall architecture for data warehouse systems.
- Monitoring the data warehousing industry and assisting in establishing the organization's data warehousing strategy and section of strategic warehousing tools and techniques.
- Ensuring compatibility of the different components of the DW architecture and ensuring alignment with broader IT strategies and goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 3+ years of experience as Data Analyst.
- 3+ years of experience providing data modeling and design guidance including identification of data entities, data dependencies, and data relationships.
- 2+ years of experience advising and consulting on data related audits.
- 3+ years of experience APPLYING established data architecture standards and governing data services, data security and privacy, and data integrations.
- 5+ years of Information Technology Industry experience.
- 2+ years of experience coordinating data owners to develop, communicate, and enforce Data Classification policies and standards.
- 2+ years of experience coordinating and integrating multiple system data models and design to promote data sharing, data transparency, eliminate redundancy.
- 3+ years of experience solutioning and optimizing new and existing data processes.
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in database tuning techniques.
- Experience in data warehouse design and data modeling (both relational and dimensional) and development and maintenance of multi-dimensional data models.
- Development experience in implementation of data warehousing utilizing RDBMS.
- Understanding of data warehouse Metadata concepts, tools, and different data warehouse methodologies.
- Ability to educate the project teams on the standards and architecture of each component of the data warehouse architecture.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills, including some presentation skills.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with WhereScape Red.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!