Our client is seeking a Data Transfer Analyst/Engineer. This position is within the Data Exchange/Transmission Team, which is comprised of six team members. Currently, most of the data transmissions are on-premise, but they’re expanding commercial business to their AWS Cloud space. This position would work directly with the Cloud Delivery Team and the Transmissions Team. The Transmissions Team handles a heavy volume of files on-premise today (80,000-100,000 files a month). The focus of the Data Transfer Analyst/Engineer will be to lead the planning, development, and any required customization(s) required to build and install the IBM-Sterling File Gateway (SFG) application, Version 6.X or higher, environments (Development and Production systems for Commercial-based business solutions) on the AWS Cloud. This individual should be highly skilled with IBM-SFG and AWS, and is expected to work proficiently and often independently. They will also be tasked to mentor/train/knowledge-share with less experienced Team members throughout the configuration, implementation, and any troubleshooting. The project plans and baseline configurations must be recorded for audit. All system/security vulnerabilities must be resolved and documented. Participation in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning and testing may be required. Future application upgrade planning, implementation, and documentation may be required. AWS and AWS file transfer experience skills are preferred, along with an understanding of the CloudWatch monitoring tool, EFS, S3 Storage, and FTPS.
- AWS- specifically with secure file transmissions, and a solid understanding of SFTP.
- Networking- Understanding of Firewall, and Load Balancing experience.
- Experience with IBM Sterling File Gateway (Version 6.x or higher).
- Working experience in a batch driven environment.
- Attention to detail, project timelines, and sense of urgency for project deliverables and client-related impacts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills when speaking and/or documenting complex technical information. This role may involve communication with internal and external customers, including remote clients and other state agencies.
Staff working in this role will require Federal Security Clearance, and must be a U.S. Citizen. Security Clearance will be provided by client, upon employment engagement.