Houston area energy client is seeking a Sr. Data Solutions Analyst to join their team. This analyst is responsible for workflow applications which fall outside of the company's CRM. The Sr. Data Solutions Analyst performs expert level support and development of assigned applications, such as Microsoft Access and SQL. The Sr Data Solutions Analyst possesses the skills to expertly troubleshoot and resolve data problems with reports, RPA data pulls, and workflows. The Sr Data Solutions Analyst works with customers at all levels within the organization to ensure no interruption of operations that depend on the various reports, RPA processes, or workflows. The Sr Data Solutions Analyst will use enterprise database/reporting tools such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server, SAP Business Objects and other Business Intelligence tools to pursue and implement innovative approaches to data collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation to support planning, decision-making and ongoing workflow operations.
- Develop operational processes and workflows, based on business requirements, using MS Access, SQL Server Applications, VBA
- Maintain operational applications and processes using MS Access, SQL Server Applications, VBA Automated Processes
- Work with Users when Issues Arise
- Collaborate with the business on new requests and troubleshoot issues or problems within Customer Care Operations teams and conduct appropriate change management.
- Debugs, programs and tests systems and applications.
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing business needs.
- Utilizes working knowledge of assigned applications to effectively complete assigned tasks. Applies workflow to and from various business units and applications.
- Effectively leads and facilitates meetings. Develops meeting objectives, agendas, and action items.
- Provides high quality technical support for assigned application(s).
- Creates custom solutions or configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues.
- Generates innovative solutions in partnership with customers, vendors cross and functional IT teams.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively. Accurately completes and submits assigned work and status reports according to project timelines and expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field preferred, but not required in lieu of required experience.
- Required 5 years of experience building workflow applications with MS Access.
- Required 5 years of experience with VBA and VBA Automated Processes
- Required 5 years of experience With ActiveX Data Objects (ADO)
- Must have experience working with other office applications from within Access using VBA
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have expert knowledge of MS Access.
- Must have working knowledge of using VBA for MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Must have working knowledge of using SQL Server to store data and provide security.
- Knowledge of the retail energy industry or call center support is helpful.
- Understands SQL and relational and multi-dimensional database structures and schemas.
- Knowledge of database technologies and data warehouse methodologies including data warehouse design and development.
- Skilled at optimizing queries, databases and analytical solutions.
- Must be able to develop applications to support call center operations by collaborating with end users to understand requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills.