Contract Opportunity with Highly Reputable Big Four Organization
Position: Security Consultant
Location: San Francisco, California 94105
Term: 6 months
- Subject-matter expertise across all Cyber Security and Identity Management topics as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and the relationship between the architectures.
- Work as the technical lead on information and cyber security initiatives and as such must drive the vision and alignment of the solution delivery. This is not a project manager role.
- Drive the adoption of centralized RBAC and ABAC authorization models for both internal and external consumers and identity governance reference architectures for existing, new and emerging data producer & consumer use cases.
- Drive the adoption of creative solutions to address complex, global controls and compliance features related to authentication, authorization, auditing, logging, encryption of data (i.e., at rest/in motion), and complete data governance.
- Develop effective security architecture solutions that not only satisfy immediate project requirements but also deliver a coherent, reusable, reliable and phased architecture to help the business grow and change while aligning to strategic vision.
- Create, maintain and align the organization Information Security policies and standards with industry best practices and business needs in the adoption of data management technologies, data access services and global regulatory compliance.
- Represent Information Security on organizational project teams and ensure adherence to existing security policies and standards.
- Manage the successful technical delivery of Information Security projects and services for our clients and Service Line partners by working directly with key business stakeholders, executives and project teams.
- Review and management of technical security roadmaps related to Data Agenda cyber security, multi-cloud security, and end-to-end access control within a global security context.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Significant experience in implementing Big Data technologies and Open Systems Software (e.g., Apache Hadoop ecosystems) in an Enterprise and Multi-Cloud environments.
- Practical knowledge of implementing global security using a primarily PaaS and IaaS architecture.
- Direct knowledge of IT system architecture concepts and Cloud technology, as well as supporting technology such as IAM, network security, firewalls, user account management, audit and logging, and other security concepts as outlined in ISO27001, OWASP and related security standards.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Azure Data Lake Store, Apache Ranger, Apache Atlas, Cloudera, Okera, Stratio, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Cloud-based high-performance compute & storage architecture and security practices.
- Up-to-date working experience with the architecture, design and engineering of containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Security Architecture (SABSA) and Enterprise architecture principles and frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, Gartner, DOD etc.).
- Experience conducting risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, vendor and third-party risk assessments and recommending risk remediation strategies.
- Experience working with common information security standards, such as: ISO 27001/27002, ISO 27017 and ISO 27018, NIST CSF, HITECH, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FFIEC, others.
- Experience architecting IAM solutions within Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and, preferably, other cloud providers (e.g. Google, SAP, and IBM).
- Intimately familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
- Advanced level of knowledge with ADFS, Ping Federate, Azure AD and other cloud federation technologies.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Azure, particularly Azure AD and architecture designs connecting Azure to enterprise infrastructure.
- Strong experience with Directories, SSO, Federation, Delegated administration, API gateways, Identity & Trust services.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing and storage architecture, technical design and implementations, including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS delivery models.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders ranging from developer to architects to business leaders to clients.
Even better if you have:
- CISSP, CISM, or similar certifications.
- Strong up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge & experience in current attack methods and approaches to detect and defend against attacks; expertise in Open Source Software and Cloud security preferred.
- Strong up-to-date technical and hands-on knowledge & experience in standard data management methods (e.g., governance, structure, architecture, master & meta data, quality, protection).
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!