Are you seeking an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others? Has the impact of the economic inequality, social injustice and systemic financial challenges left you feeling unsettled? Join this non-profit organization and be part of the movement that helps economic growth and opportunity for under-served individuals and small business in the communities you live in. We are dedicated to financial dignity and inclusion as we equip adults and young people with the financial education, coaching and connections to secure a better future, facilitating a journey to financial independence.
We are seeking a DATA SCIENTIST to analyze and manage data for actionable insights. The candidate best suited for this role knows how to extract meaning from and interpret data, which requires both tools and methods from statistics and machine learning, as well as being human. S/he spends a lot of time in the process of collecting, cleaning, and munging data, because data is never clean. This process requires persistence, statistics, and software engineering skills—skills that are also necessary for understanding biases in the data, and for debugging logging output from code.
Once the data is in shape, a crucial part is exploratory data analysis, which combines visualization and data sense. The preferred candidate can find patterns, build models, and algorithms—some with the intention of understanding usage and others to serve as prototypes that ultimately get baked back into our work. The Data Scientist may design experiments and is a critical part of data-driven decision making. This role will communicate with Teammates, Program Operations staff and Leadership in clear language and with data visualizations so that even if colleagues are not immersed in the data themselves, they will understand the implications.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Identifying the data-analytics problems that offer the greatest opportunities to the organization
- Determining the correct data sets and variables
- Collecting large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources
- Act as lead expert in predictive analytics, statistical modeling, big data, data mining applications, enterprise analytics, data-driven decision making, data visualization and data storytelling
- Cleaning and validating the data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity
- Manage and offer recommendations for the organization’s data architecture
- Devising and applying models and algorithms to mine the stores of big data
- Analyzing the data to identify patterns and trends
- Interpreting the data to discover solutions and opportunities
- Communicating findings to stakeholders using visualization and other means
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention requirements, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for leveraging company data to improve and drive business solutions
ESSENTIAL DATA SCIENCE SKILLS
Statistical analysis: Identify patterns in data. This includes having a keen sense of pattern detection and anomaly detection.
Machine learning: Implement algorithms and statistical models to enable a computer to automatically learn from data.
Computer science: Apply the principles of artificial intelligence, database systems, human/computer interaction, numerical analysis, and software engineering.
Programming: Write computer programs and analyze large datasets to uncover answers to complex problems. Need to be comfortable writing code in a variety of languages such as Java, R, Python, and SQL.
Data storytelling: Communicate actionable insights using data, often for a non-technical audience.
Business intuition: Connect with stakeholders to gain a full understanding of the problems they’re looking to solve.
Analytical thinking. Find analytical solutions to abstract business issues.
Critical thinking: Apply objective analysis of facts before coming to a conclusion.
Inquisitiveness: Look beyond what’s on the surface to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
Interpersonal skills: Communicate across a diverse audience across all levels of an organization.
- High aspirations for all people to be successful and empowered financially
- 3-5 years of data management and analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience with data querying/handling tools (Spark, Python, SQL, Spotfire, Tableau or PowerBI)
- 5+ years of experience with Azure and Dynamics 365
- 1+ year experience analyzing large (multi-TB to PB), complex data sets for consumer or commercial data
- Experience developing and deploying Data Matching and Entity Resolution algorithms and/or have previously worked on record linkage capabilities
- Theoretical understanding of the algorithms behind real-world machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
- Experience with model feature creation, selection and value imputation
The Perks include excellent benefits, family first culture and opportunity to change the lives of so many others around the nation. Please send detailed resume and LI profile today!