Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Plano, TX
As a data scientist working for a Tier 1 carrier in Plano, TX, you will use your talent for breaking down business challenges into data-driven problems that guide improvements in sales process optimization, natural language processing, and automation opportunity identifications. You will utilize the latest artificial intelligence and statistical algorithms to create predictive models by detecting and exploiting patterns in massive datasets. You will also create data visualizations and give presentations that will help key stakeholders in their decision-making process. Ideal candidates will have experience in developing intelligent agents that can automate decision making.
- Perform system analytics by discovering patterns in massive amounts of data (Troubleshooting steps and results, dispatch, journey maps, etc.) and developing models.
- Implement descriptive, predictive and prescriptive capabilities to improve the dispatch and install metrics.
- Work on the standardization, customization and ad-hoc data mining, managing the mechanisms to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data.
- Manage the implementation of statistical data quality procedures on new data sources by applying rigorous iterative data analytics.
- Develop and maintain data engineering best practices and contribute to Insights on data analytics and visualization concepts, methods and techniques.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years working in a big data domain including, data visualization, machine learning, NLP, cloud computing, feature engineering and model validation, optimization and deployment.
- 3+ years working as a Data Scientist delivering projects driving business impacts.
- Proven experience of descriptive analytics and data visualization: Tableau, Power BI, MS Excel, R (ggplot)
- Proven programming skills in either Python or R (both is preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering projects utilizing Artificial Intelligence and/or Statistical Learning
- Proven experience in working database and distributed computation system (e.g. SQL, Hive, spark, databricks)
- Familiarity with Azure Storage and data processing
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and visualization tools
- Must be able to create presentations that focus on business impact and deliver them effectively to large audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Familiarity with Palantir Foundry &/or Snowflake
- Previous experience in telecommunication industry
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team across multiple locations
- Great intuition, curiosity, and skepticism when analyzing data
- Preferred MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Scientific Computing;
- Data Analytics, Machine Learning nanodegree; or equivalent experience