Job Title: Data Scientist
This position requires the candidate to, with limited supervision, build models using current ML/AI technologies including the use of Azure Data Bricks, H2O, and other modeling platforms. Candidate must be able to work in Python, Spark Hadoop and R, design algorithms and be an expert in statistical analysis methods, Deep Learning, structured and unstructured data investigation, clustering, supervised and unsupervised learning. This position will require SME knowledge of the carrier's network, business and other relevant data sets. Candidate must be able to visualize and present findings to management and officers and have excellent communication and presentation skills. Candidate must be able to utilize effective project planning techniques to break down basic and complex projects into tasks and ensure deadlines are kept, and work with the team to implement the models.
- Perform system analytics by discovering patterns in massive amounts of data (Troubleshooting steps and results, dispatch, journey maps, etc.) and developing models.
- Implement descriptive, predictive and prescriptive capabilities to improve the dispatch and install metrics.
- Work on the standardization, customization and ad-hoc data mining, managing the mechanisms to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data.
- Manage the implementation of statistical data quality procedures on new data sources by applying rigorous iterative data analytics.
- Develop and maintain data engineering best practices and contribute to Insights on data analytics and visualization concepts, methods and techniques.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years working in a big data domain including, data visualization, machine learning, NLP, cloud computing, feature engineering and model validation, optimization and deployment.
- 3+ years working as a Data Scientist delivering projects driving business impacts.
- Proven experience of descriptive analytics and data visualization: Power BI, MS Excel, R (ggplot), Tableau
- Proven programming skills in either Python or R (both is preferred)
- Proven track record of delivering projects utilizing Artificial Intelligence and/or Statistical Learning
- Proven experience in working database and distributed computation system (e.g. SQL, Hive, spark, databricks)
- Familiarity with Azure Storage and data processing
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and visualization tools
- Must be able to create presentations that focus on business impact and deliver them effectively to large audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Previous experience in telecommunication industry
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team across multiple locations
- Great intuition, curiosity, and skepticism when analyzing data
- Preferred Master’s or PhD preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics or computer science
- Data Analytics, Machine Learning nanodegree; or equivalent experience