Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Data Scientist to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Data Scientist
Location: Remote - The majority of the roles at this client will continue working from home until at least the end of 2021. Once it is safe to begin working onsite, staff can choose where they work – from home, in the office, or a hybrid of the two.
Term: 6 months contract to hire
- Develop accurate and quality analyses that translate data in sound organizational decisions.
- Own delivery of moderately sized data science and engineering projects
- Assist in the development and testing of hypotheses across all functional data sets
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff to distill technical requirement from business requests
- Define and implement integrated data models, allowing integration of data from multiple sources
- Design and develop scalable, efficient data pipeline processes to handle data ingestion, cleansing, transformation, integration, and validation
- Define and implement data stores based on system requirements and consumer requirements
- Design and develop models to understand and solve complex business solutions using a variety of methods including data mining, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and analysis, stochastic modeling, pattern recognition, probability analysis, and network analysis
- Design and implement production models leveraging technologies such as SAS, Python, and R
- Leverage existing data sets and engineer new data sets including development of SQL queries, data integration and resolution of data quality issues
- Apply conceptual understanding of Big Data systems to data set engineering and analytic model implementation
- Participate in reviews of analytic models and algorithms
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence business direction by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Document and test analytic processes including performance and thorough data validation and verification
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Master's Degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer science, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or closely related field with Data Science specialization, or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- 3 year of the following:
- SQL programming skills
- Experience with design and implementation of analytic models and methodologies for new applications
- Programming experience in Python, R or other programming language
- Experience working with large and complex data sets to develop regression and classification models
- Demonstrated experience in successfully delivering complex data science projects.
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
****To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check. This client requires all employees, temporary labor, consultants, and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 12/08/21, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions.