Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Plano, TX or Middletown, NJ (Middletown Preferred)
Job Description: As a data scientist working for a Tier 1 carrier you will be responsible for development of customer facing use cases, such as curation analytics, anomaly detection, etc. using rule based / pattern based programming and standard AI/ML models. Development of some use cases will require device farm automation, data scraping & extraction, and/or other methodologies as prescribed by use cases. You will be a technical data steward for the output data structures.
- As part of the Agile team translate business requirements into software architecture and design plans.
- Lead data analytics and data science work for individual use cases.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, schedule and hold periodic code reviews, track own scope of work and progress using relevant tools.
- Perform system analytics by discovering patterns in massive amounts of data (Troubleshooting steps and results, dispatch, journey maps, etc.) and developing models.
- Work on the standardization, customization and ad-hoc data mining, managing the mechanisms to ingest, analyze, validate, normalize and clean data.
- Manage the implementation of statistical data quality procedures on new data sources by applying rigorous iterative data analytics.
- Develop and maintain data engineering best practices and contribute to Insights on data analytics and visualization concepts, methods and techniques.
- Lead the team efforts in developing the deep learning models.
Qualifications and skills
- 5+ years working in a big data domain including, data visualization, machine learning, data mining, preparation and modeling
- 3+ years working as a Data Scientist delivering high quality projects
- At least (3) demonstrated projects working as the lead on deep learning and/or machince learning projects
- Proven programming skills in either Python or R but having both is preferred
- Experience with ingestion of big data in near real time, and data processing/parsing/normalization
- Must be able to create presentations and deliver effectively to large audiences
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team and across multiple locations
- Experience programming in C and/or Golang
- Familiarity with Azure Storage and data processing
- Previous experience in telecommunication industry
- Experience with publish/subscribe models (such as Kafka) of data sharing/exchange
- Experience working with data packets, understanding of TCP/IP and networking
- Knowledge of video, audio, streaming technologies
- Knowledge of 3GPP, LTE and 5G
Education: Preferred Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning nanodegree