TITLE: Data Platform Engineer III
TERM: 6 month + contracts (most likely to extend of convert)
TYPE: W2 & H1Bs approved
LOCATION: 100% Remote
The Data Platform Engineer III is responsible for supporting and advocating the company’s data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer III will architect, configure, deploy and manage the multi-server data platform and its overall health. The Data Platform Engineer III will be responsible for ensuring designs follow the Data Governance guidelines and the support the Enterprise data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer III will conduct Data Architecture development activities to inventory and analyze the company’s data assets, and research/evaluate/support adoption of Data strategy best practices. The Data Platform Engineer III bridges the gap between business and the technical implementation of the data-based solutions. Data Platform Engineer III provides expertise as it relates to articulating business requirements into data-based solutions, decision-making of the implementation and the overall execution of the data strategy. The company relies upon this position to have extensive knowledge of data trends in order to support current and future opportunities.
To be qualified for this position, you:
- At least 4 years overall experience in Data Strategy, including: data asset classification, ETL processes (Big Data Hadoop (HDFS, HIVE, IMPALA, KUDU), data exchange definition, data naming standards, data modeling, data interoperability standards and data governance
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience with maintaining software running on Windows and UNIX, also experience managing the servers.
- Experience with working on Kafka Topic.
- Extensive experience with XML, additionally JSON, X12 and HL7 are preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance / data stewardship procedures
What you will be doing:
- Design/architect, build, deploy and maintain multi-server data platform applications including data management (e.g., database, Hadoop cluster, etc.), business intelligence and data integration software and supporting servers
- Production support and support disaster recovery activities
- Working with Database Administrators and infrastructure groups to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and integrations of new data strategies
- Assisting with data modeling