TITLE: Data Platform Engineer II
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL / Remote
The Data Platform Engineer II is responsible for supporting and advocating the company’s data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer II will architect, configure, deploy and manage the multi-server data platform and its overall health. The Data Platform Engineer II will be responsible for ensuring designs follow the Data Governance guidelines and the support the Enterprise data strategy. The Data Platform Engineer II will conduct Data Architecture development activities to inventory and analyze the company’s data assets, and research/evaluate/support adoption of Data strategy best practices. The Data Platform Engineer II bridges the gap between business and the technical implementation of the data-based solutions. Data Platform Engineer II provides expertise as it relates to articulating business requirements into data-based solutions, decision-making of the implementation and the overall execution of the data strategy. The company relies upon this position to have extensive knowledge of data trends in order to support current and future opportunities.
- At least 1-2 years overall experience in Data Strategy, including: data asset classification, ETL processes (Big Data Hadoop (HDFS, HIVE, IMPALA, KUDU), data exchange definition, data naming standards, data modeling, data interoperability standards and data governance
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience with maintaining software running on Windows and UNIX, also experience managing the servers.
- Experience with working on Kafka Topic.
- Extensive experience with XML, additionally JSON, X12 and HL7 are preferred
- AWS experience is preferred
- Spark Scala is preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance / data stewardship procedures
- Design/architect, build, deploy and maintain multi-server data platform applications including data management (e.g., database, Hadoop cluster, etc.), business intelligence and data integration software and supporting servers
- Production support and support disaster recovery activities
- Working with Database Administrators and infrastructure groups to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and integrations of new data strategies
- Assisting with data modeling
Apply with MATRIX today!