Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: DALLAS, Texas, 75202
Term: 11 months
- Work with Technical analysts and Business Partners to translate business and data requirements into a data warehouse model for reporting and analytics.
- Analyze the existing data structures and identify the sources of incoming data to drive Source to Target Mapping with assistance from ETL Developers and Data Engineers.
- Build all database objects (Tables, Relationships, Triggers, Stored Procedures, etc.) with assistance from DBA.
- Build, maintain and govern all enterprise data models in defined tool (PowerDesigner).
- Understand database performance factors and trends pertaining to very large database design and collaborate with DBAs to implement mitigating physical modeling solutions.
- Define data security roles, groups and policies.
- Responsible for defining and enforcing data modeling design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies for the organization.
- Partnering with Business Stakeholders and developers to ensure deliverables meet business expectations.
- Suggest solutions for reporting or process improvement.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple, complex issues and projects.
- Participate in production releases as required.
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments.
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments.
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures.
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals.
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience.
- 7+ years of SQL experience.
- 7+ years of business intelligence experience.
- 7+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience.
- 6+ years of data modeling experience.
- 5+ years of MS SQL server experience.
- 5+ years of experience writing Microsoft SQL Server relational database queries, stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning.
- 4+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services.
- 4+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience.
- 4+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation.
- 4+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time batch data ingestion, processing and provisioning such as Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, Apache Sqoop, Apache Flink, Apache Spark or Apache Storm.
- 4+ years experience designing and optimizing complex SQL queries involving table joins and correlated sub-queries on large scale data tables.
- Proven track record of working autonomously to deliver high quality data models in an agile environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong sense of ownership.
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.