Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Technical Accountant
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28277
Term: 6 months
- Performs complex activities associated with financial accounting and reporting including reviewing data from general ledger, preparing variance analysis and developing financial statements and creating reports
- Duties include: preparing complex financial and regulatory reports and performing a variety of analyses or projects relating to financial accounting procedures, methods or systems.
- Provides functional accounting advice and insights to others
- Identify and research new technologies, solutions, and deep learning capabilities that solve relevant business problems, including reinforcement learning, semi-supervised learning, unsupervised learning.
- Develop and implement a data management, data quality or metadata research plan that may include small teams.
- Engage with and support data management teams with technical guidance and direction.
- Influence and teach others in new areas by writing papers, giving presentations internal and external, leading courses and curriculum, giving demonstrations.
- Researches new technologies, solutions, and techniques.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Strong Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC and regulatory reporting for these activities and financial services experience is strongly preferred.
- Prefer candidates with an undergraduate degree in accounting and CPA.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis
- 2+ years of academic research experience
- 2+ years of communication experience in one or a combination of the following: facilitating technical conferences, publishing articles, or delivering tailored presentations