Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is a contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Consultant
Location: Charlotte, NC; Des Moines; IA; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ
Term: 3 months
- Executes the documentation of end-2-end data/processes for RMII in-scope Risk and Regulatory reports
- Facilitate detailed alignment of financial product data elements to reporting
- Design and maintain processes to ensure accuracy and integrity (i.e. documentation provides accurate end-to-end view) across all documentation
- Collaborate and coordinate with executive and key leaders to maintain commitment to Report Mapping & Issue Identification (RMII) strategic objectives
- Designs and develops deliverables to document end-2-end data/processes for RMII in-scope Risk and Regulatory reports
- Leverage COSO principles, data management standards, and other skills to ensure compliance with G&O Framework, COSO, and EDG requirement/policies
- Partnering with support groups (Governance & Oversight, Data Management, Analytics, Change Management, and Technical Interpretations) to improve the control environment
- Drive report documentation activities in partnership with consultants against target timelines and escalate risks, as needed.
- Leads complex enterprise-wide programs and collaborates on strategic initiatives for data governance, data quality and metadata activities.
- May act as a relationship manager for a line of business.
- May design and deliver database architecture / design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, performing needs assessments, database definition & structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Provides consultation in process evaluations, performance monitoring, and statistics to senior management.
- Leads analysis on complex multi domain remediation efforts and serves as single point of contact on low to medium priority issues.
- Partners with groups and various levels of seniority across the firm to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
- May mentor junior team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with data governance and management practices
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Knowledge and understanding of data flow diagrams
- Risk and finance regulatory reporting experience
- Ability to gather data requirements
- Management consulting experience at a top-tier consulting firm