Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Database Tester
Location: Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA
Term: 24 months
- Develops and leads programs, initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities.
- Develops tools and processes used to maintain a common, firm-wide data standard.
- Analyzes, assesses and tests data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met.
- May define strategic requirements, roadmap, or direction for metadata capabilities.
- Drive analysis and assessment approach during issue remediation life cycle.
- Supports and interacts with various functions and LOBs on multi-domain remediation efforts.
- Leverages domain expertise and data / business / process analysis to inform and support solution design.
- May drive planning and coordination on low to medium sized remediation efforts, acting as central point of contact.
- May provide inputs into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and senior leaders.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 7+ years of advanced data base testing skills, ability to talk in terms of data attributes/tables.
- Should be proficient in below.
- Common table expressions
- Advanced data manipulation/analysis skills (ex: REPLACE, SUBSTRING, ROW_NUMBER, OPENQUERY)
- Joining multiple tables with different types of joins
- Should have ability to perform ETL testing, Web service and regression testing.
- Should have experience with Functions and Joins
- API testing skills( Soap UI /postman preferred)
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and test batch SQL jobs
- Automation /coding skills
- 7+ years of the end to end software development life cycle (SDLC) with emphasis on the test cycle including effort sizing, test approach design, performing complex data analysis, debugging SQL script, results reporting and documentation.
- Should be proficient with using bug tracking tool JIRA
- Good communication skills.
- Acquired and prior working knowledge on the Wholesale Customer Information System (WCIS) application with a deep understanding of the customer hierarchy.
- Experience performing moderately complex to complex DB testing, test data conditioning, regression testing and testing validation.
- 5+ years leading teams and/or projects
- 5+ years working on multiple projects simultaneously. Analytical skills, ability to 'think outside the box' and move concepts to implementation.
- Proven experience with automation, regression, and performance testing.