Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Production Support Engineer
Location: Chandler, AZ; New York
Term: 12 months
- Individual contributor role for Level 3 Production Support; Hands on role; handles production support needs for multiple projects/requirements simultaneously.
- Provides technical support to the teams.
- Takes a lead role in driving the usage of latest technology/Frameworks.
- Provides Level 3 support from the application team in conjunction with Level 1 and 2 support teams at Wells Fargo and technology vendor support teams
- Active participation in scrum team
- Provide business value through innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to work with end users to understand and transform requirements to solutions
- Mentor junior technical team members
- Ensure release software meets all requirements of Security, Quality, Extensibility, Performance, Reusability
- Work on generate ideas for Continuous Process Improvements, and delivering Proof of Concepts
- Review status of system applications and prepare recommendations for improvements/ modernization
- Focus on enhancing self-technical/ domain skillsets
- Work in a matrix environment and build good working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Build a culture of continuous improvement within team and put together metrics to measure the impact of their efforts
- Overall 8+ years IT industry experience with all phases of SDLC and technical production support including troubleshooting technology applications
- 8+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 3+ years of relational database experience
- 3+ years of experience gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets
- 3+ years of experience with MS Windows - knows how to navigate directories, create shortcuts, trace down shares and file/folder properties, proficient with DOS CMD prompt, able to Google search solutions and get them to work for us
- Able to understand and write SQL queries
- Experience in SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or Teradata
- Experience with File Transfers - NDM, FTP and SFTP
- Experience with Technology Refresh processes for enterprise applications
- 5+ years of development and implementation experience with applications, databases, or a combination of both
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 6+ years of financial industry experience
- 6+ total years with working with business partners to breakdown requirements, manage technology delivery, educate the business on technology options, lead enterprise level initiatives and ensure that expectations are set and delivered on time and budget.
- 6+ years as part of a continuous integration and delivery team
- Must be able to provide examples that they have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple technology initiatives at the same time.
- A detailed, logical thinker, problem solver & team player
- Experience working with onsite/offshore teams
- Experience in Hadoop
- Experience with messaging services like JMS/Kafka
- Experience with Git, DevOps, Agile, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with IIS