Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Data Management Consultant
Location: Tempe, AZ - Minneapolis, MN - Charlotte, NC - Atlanta, GA - Dallas, TX - Des Moines, IA
Term: 12 months
- The Enterprise Metadata Delivery Consultant will report to the Metadata Delivery Solutions Manager and will work closely with other Metadata Delivery Solutions full times employees and contract resources on metadata and lineage delivery initiatives, including onboarding of applications to auto-harvest technical metadata and data linage, testing and performing business validation, and coordination of all metadata involvement across business and technology teams.
- The position will collaborate with teams across the enterprise and coordinate with our business and technology partners to align their metadata practices with the data management policy, requirements, and capabilities.
- Manage ongoing prioritization of SOR onboarding to drive scope priorities.
- Facilitate all metadata onboarding involvement across business and tech teams.
- Support technical metadata processes for both harvested and stated technical metadata and data lineage.
- Perform technical metadata intake and validation responsibilities to ensure quality standards are met.
- Perform data lineage testing and validation to ensure quality standards and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop the program processes, procedures, and coordination of activities across the metadata delivery solutions team to monitor for completion and program reporting.
- Drive development and implementation of projects to enhance existing processes.
- Work closely with the lead and coordinate with our business and technology partners to align their metadata practices with the enterprise data governance policy, requirements, and capabilities.
- Leads complex enterprise-wide programs and collaborates on strategic initiatives for data governance, data quality and metadata activities.
- May act as a relationship manager for a line of business.
- May design and deliver database architecture / design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, performing needs assessments, database definition & structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines.
- Provides consultation in process evaluations, performance monitoring, and statistics to senior management.
- Leads analysis on complex multi domain remediation efforts and serves as single point of contact on low to medium priority issues.
- Partners with groups and various levels of seniority across the firm to coordinate and drive collaboration on solution design and remediation execution.
- May mentor junior team members
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 3+ years of experience in data management related areas such as metadata or lineage, data governance or data quality
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance program development and implementation in a large organization across multiple business functions
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to facilitate team meetings or present information to an audience
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations
- Track record of delivering significant analytic value in a line of business or function
- Data Lineage experience: PDE level lineage, lineage harvesting recommendations and system level data flows
- Experience leading stakeholder teams to design and develop strategies incorporating the use of data
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting
- Experience deploying and leveraging program management tools (e.g. SharePoint, JIRA, Microsoft Project, Tableau, Collibra)
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Experience developing and monitoring compliance with policy and standards, specifically around metadata